Planting and growing trees in your backyard can offer a lot of benefits. Trees can be an excellent source of shade, something which can be very useful if you’re fond of having outdoor activities during warmer months. Additionally, trees can improve your curb appeal and the value of your property over time.
However, don’t expect that you’ll be able to experience all of these benefits just because you have trees in your backyard – you should regularly check the condition of your trees, trim or remove trees whenever necessary and diagnose plant diseases as early as possible. Accomplishing all of these tasks are vital but challenging at the same time – which is why you need to hire a tree services company for your tree needs.
Tree services companies are made up of trained and experienced professionals who can take care of your trees in the best way possible. They have the necessary tools and knowledge to do the job for you. But since there are too many tree services companies to choose from especially when you’re living in Houston, would you know which to hire? Would you know what to consider? Let the list below become your guide to come up with a sound decision:
- Referrals: If you have friends or family who’ve hired a tree services company in the past, ask for their referrals. Also, ask them about their overall experience with the company. This information will help you set your expectations while making your search easier. After all, they won’t be recommending a company if they weren’t satisfied with their services, right? While you’re at it, take note of the companies which they tell you to stay away from. This can save you time and money from hiring companies which don’t deliver.
- Reputation: How the general public sees a tree services company is an essential factor which you should consider. If you’re hiring one for the first time, look for feedback from previous customers. You may check the company’s website or several online forums for this purpose. If you see a lot of online users complaining about a tree services company, start looking for other options.
- Insurance: There are many reasons why an insured tree services company should be on top of your list. When a company is insured, it can imply that it’s operating as a legitimate business and that they have policies which can cover liabilities if accidents and injuries happen during the project. If your family member is injured because of an accident caused by a contractor, you’ll save yourself from paying expensive medical bills – thanks to the insurance provided by the tree services company. Secure a copy of the policy from an insurance company and don’t settle for mere verbal discussions.
- Safety equipment: One of the reasons why you’re hiring a tree services company is because you don’t want to compromise your own and your family’s safety when trimming or maintaining your trees. But if the company doesn’t follow any safety standards, hiring them might not meet any of your expectations. Pay attention to the company’s commitment to safety. Do they wear the necessary gears once they work? Do they have the equipment to do the job? Are their practices inline with ensuring everyone’s safety? Consider all of these things. You should hire a tree services company which doesn’t only ensure their employees’ safety but to everyone who is in the vicinity of your property as well.
- Written contract: A reputable tree services company will present a written contract before they start a project in your backyard. A written contract will help both parties understand each other’s responsibilities in the project and the solutions available whenever problems are met along the way. This document can also provide information about the timeline and cost of the project. As a customer, it’s important that you understand everything about the contract because this can be used when legal issues arise. Ask questions before affixing your signature.
- Compare prices: Tree service companies can be found in different parts of the globe. Regardless of where you’re living, it’s safe to assume that there are at least a handful of these companies operating in your area. Don’t immediately hire the first company you see. Instead, scout for options (at least three companies) and compare prices. If you’re living in Houston, look for Houston tree services companies, inquire about their prices and determine which ones are reasonable for you. The more options you have, the easier it’ll be for you to choose a company apt for your tree needs and budget.
- Employee training: Usually, a tree services company has employees who are properly trained and experienced. Their skills and capacities might have influenced you to hire them in the first place. However, when you hire a tree services company for bigger projects, they might tap help from subcontractors. Inquire about the training and experience of these subcontractors.
- Customer relationship: The services and price offered by a tree services company are two of the first things which a customer usually looks into. Most customers believe that the price they’ll pay should equate to the services they’ll experience. There’s nothing wrong if you also have this mindset but you shouldn’t take for granted the importance of professional relationships. As a customer, assess how the company’s representatives treat you. Do they accommodate you whenever you reach out to them? Are they polite when talking to you? Do you feel valued when you interact with them? Yes, these things matter. The tree services company you hire should strive to make a relationship with you, not only run after your money.
A Worthy Investment
When you have a green thumb or consider your backyard as one of the most important areas of your property, you’ll be tempted to take care of your trees on your own. You’d want to implement DIY solutions thinking that this is the best way to go. However, doing this can actually do more harm than good. If you want to maintain the trees in your backyard, opt to call for a tree services company. Every dollar you pay to them will surely be worth it because aside from their services, you’ll also be experiencing less stress and peace of mind.