Not all houses have gardens, especially if you live in a city where space can be a problem. But if you are fortunate enough to have a house with a garden, then you need to take advantage of it.
If your garden is completely bare and you don’t know how to make it better, you can try the ideas below in order to improve the look of your garden.
1. Do basic maintenance – When you already have a garden and you cannot afford the time or the expense to add more plants or hire a designer who can give your garden an uplift, the best thing to do is maintain your garden properly. This needs to be done regularly so that the burden is not too much. If you let the weeds grow and not prune your trees, it will become a problem. Invest in some basic tools like a lawnmower, a rake, and some pruning shears to do your gardening tasks. If you are not sure what you should buy, The Tool Report offers some great tips and buyers guide.
2. Clean your pots and other ornaments if applicable – If you also have pots and other structures and ornaments in your garden, it’s important that they also remain clean and pleasant to look at. It can be as simple as wiping them with a cloth to get rid of any mud or soil that has stuck to them. If the pots have been with you for a long time and are too weathered, they might need a fresh coat of paint. But if they are cracked, you might want to change them already.
3. Add flowers that give off a fragrance – If you want something special for your garden then don’t just think about how the garden looks but even the fragrance! Consider adding flowers that give off a fragrance in the pathways of your garden so that any guest who will walk through the paths will be able to smell the flowers. There are so many fragrant flowers you can choose from. Some of the ones you can choose from are lily of the valley, frangipani, and wisteria among others.
4. Vary the height of the plants in your garden and add some structures – If your garden looks too one-dimensional, then its time to add some height. If you have a big lawn, you can add big trees to add some height and even shade for those hot days of summer. If a tree is not possible, you can still do shrubs and taller plants. Make it more interesting by adding waterfalls or even a fish pond if possible.
5. Get the services of a landscaper if you have the budget – If all these ideas are too much for you, you can always hire a professional to design and improve your garden. Just make sure to get one that has a lot of experience and is able to work with the budget you have in mind.